The inclusive family yoga classes welcome families who have a child with additional needs and typical families.
The focus of the yoga class is to spend time together. Families get to enjoy playing yoga games, relaxing together and having lots of hugs!
The class is for anyone who has an interest in practicing yoga with children (Mum, Dad, Granny, Grandad, or Aunty or Uncle).
It is suitable for any level, complete beginners to well practiced yogis! Children from age 2 up are welcome.
So make sure you can tolerate noise and giggles. It’s more fun focused than yoga pose focused. I will also do some lovely relaxation but it may take a few sessions for children to get used to the idea of relaxing.
Each week in class we:
- Come together in a circle and get to know each other.
- Have fun with bubbles.
- Practise our breathing to calm us down and enjoy a story together
- Have some fun games to warm us up.
- Learn a sun salutation that you can practise together at home.
- Play some games together.
- Snuggle up together during relaxation.
- For children who find it difficult to be still and parents who would like to have a little relax time I provide colouring time for the children.
My 20 month old daughter has Down Syndrome. She inspired me to start teaching yoga to children. I have first hand knowledge of some of the issues that children with Down Syndrome face. And I know that it’s nice to spend time as a family together without having to do a therapy.
With that in mind when I chose the venue I knew it had to be able to cater for everyone as much as possible.
The hall is accessible via a ramp. So it is wheelchair and buggy friendly.
There are baby change facilities in both men’s and ladies’ bathrooms.
There is an accessible toilet.
Classes are held once a month on a Saturday at 4.15pm in the War Memorial Hall in Terenure.
The Inclusive Family Yoga class is 45 minutes long.
The next Family Yoga class is the 11th January.
Single Class Pass price for 1 adult and 1 child: €15
Additional child is €5
Additional adult is €10
Please contact me to book a space as places are limited:
Or text 087 2958174