In my yoga course for children aged 10 to 12 I begin to introduce the idea of correct yoga alignment and how it benefits our body and mind.
Each week of the six week course we take a different theme and build on our knowledge of the yoga poses. Learn and practise yoga poses and sequences to help reduce stress and build confidence.
Structure is still important so that the children can build on what they learn each week.
- We start with Yoga Rules.
- Then a breathing exercise.
- We warm up using an uplifting Sun Salutation using positive affirmations.
- Asana (physical poses) in keeping with our theme. (Strength, flexbility, calming)
- Creative visualisation and breathing exercise.
- Reflection about the class and what we’ve learned.
The yoga course for children is held at 3.15pm in the War Memorial Hall in Terenure.
It lasts for 45 minutes and is held each Saturday.
- The cost of the 6 week course is €55
- There is a discount for siblings to the full course.
- Pre-booking is essential for the course.
- Limited drop in class passes are available on a week to week basis.
For more information contact:
Or text 087 2958174