In my yoga classes for children aged 6 to 9 I begin to introduce the idea of yoga practice and how it benefits our body and mind.
Each week we take a different theme and build on our knowledge of the yoga poses. I use stories, games and lots of creativity to create an interesting and fun class.
Structure is still important so that the children can build on what they learn each week.
- We start with Yoga Rules.
- Then a breathing exercise.
- We have fun doing a warm up game.
- Asana (physical poses) in keeping with our theme.
- Creative visualisation and breathing exercise.
- Reflection about the class and what we’ve learned.
- Then shoes and socks on and home time!
The class is held at 3pm in the War Memorial Hall in Terenure every Saturday.
It lasts for 45 minutes.
Please have your children ready and on the mat at 3pm. There is a toilet at the hall so please encourage them to have used it before we start. Get shoes and socks off and be ready to get on the mat on time.
- The cost of 6 weeks is €55 paid in cash on the first day or you can do a bank transfer if that suits better. There is a discount for siblings to the full course only.
- If you pay by the week it is €10 per class.
- Pre-booking is essential due to the structure of the class.
For more information contact: